Thursday, November 5, 2009

L'Oreal Star Magnet Fauxnadicure




































































Good morning girls! I was hoping to get another day out of my Strawberry Fields mani, but it wasn't meant to be. It got pretty beat up from moving a tree! A kind, elderly woman donated her 10 1/2 foot Norfolk Pine Tree to our restaurant. 44 years ago, she purchased it as a 12" tree from The Philadelphia Flower Show, and this past summer, it out-grew her 10' ceiling. It now has a new home in our vestibule, and I must say- it looks very regal and impressive. I love that this beautiful, living thing has a story- and a name- Angel! For reasons unknown, every time I looked at Angel last night,  I was overcome with happiness. Very odd, how  random things do that to me. And something else just as odd for me...for the first time in over 20 years, I feel the stirrings of Christmas Spirit. I am going to decorate Angel for the holiday.
Anyway- *enough* about that! Perhaps it's the full moon's influence that's driving me to ramble....or the lack of sleep. I pulled an "all-night-er" and played polish.

Base-coat- L'Oreal Star Magnet in Purple over 1 coat- Orly, Happily Ever After
Fauxnad plate #P55, star image
Sally Hansen, Royal Purple Chrome to stamp
2 coats Seche
Mattified left pinkey with Essie MAY- very cool...the effect reminds me of Moire fabric!
I'm thinking that I may just mattefy the rest tomorrow.
Have a great day All!!!

9 comments:

Paige said...

That is gorgeous! I love it!

MightyLambchop said...

This is so awesome! I'm jealous that you have the star magnet polish, I have always wanted that.

nihrida said...

I bet that Angel will look awesome after you decorate it. :) Hope to see some photos too! :)
Your mani is gorgeous! I can't even manage to make one star properly and you made two on each nails! WOW!

Melinda said...

Wow, awesome!

ThRiSzHa said...

ohh awesome!!! im really lemming on this star magnet polish...but theyre not locally available here...waaaaaaaaaa...

ainos2 said...

Thank you girls!
I had fun doing this mani.

~Nihrida-My initial idea for this mani involved one magnet star and a tip design. I didn't like it much so I saved the mani by adding more polish and magnet stars to the tips.
I have also figured out the secret to magnet polishes.
I *will* be making my own. First up will be a (real)purple!

~thriszha- I had to order my MP from England. I'd like to get a couple more. If you're interested, I can order some for you!

Lucy said...

Love that manicure. Amazing polish. I've never used that type. Wish they were sold here.

Unknown said...

This one looks pretty amazing! :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It's on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Superb choice of colors!

Look into my blog post ... Circumcised