Thursday, September 2, 2010

Semi gradient stripes, green holo dots

Hi Kids!
I thought I found the perfect brown with Savvy Chocolate, when the bronze shimmer magically turned my nails into lit within Tiger Eyes. Unfortunately, when my 2 coats dried, the shimmer became a glimmer, the Tiger Eyes disappeared, and my mani looked almost black. Sad!

I had high hopes for this brown that looked so great in the bottle....Speaking of- I absolutely *love* Savvy glass bottles... Square and heavy like a high end polish bottle. Anyway, I decided that Chocolate needed help, so I dumped a bit out to make room for some CND Copper Shimmer. It did help, as in it doesn't look almost black anymore. It did not give me that lit within, Tiger Eye look I so wanted.

I toyed with adding a faux Tiger Eye by laying down a verticle, center stripe with CND Copper Shimmer, when I remembered a certain picture I had saved to my hd some time ago. Mani saved by inspiration! I *love* how this turned out soooo much!
Click to make them bigger!
Flash...colors are true and saturated exactly like this first pic.












































































Inspiration pic...iz small

Stripes done with a Milani striper brush in;
Sally Hansen HD Resolution
Claire's Magic
CND Copper Shimmer
Nicka K Magical (glitter) on Resolution
Green Holo Dots by Jones Tones (from the 80's Kids... when *everyone* had glitter and sequins attached to every article of clothing and accessory they wore, head to toe)

Such a simple mani, yet it pushes all the right buttons with me. And I'm extremely happy that the first picture turned out so well color wise. I've been reading the instruction manual that came with my camera and have been messing around with color settings. About time, I know!


8 comments:

Sisier said...

oh this one is very nice :)

ThRiSzHa said...

wow.. awesome..

JQ said...

What a great main!  I love the tiger eye stripes both with and without the sequins on top!  So cool! 

Mistress Zombie said...

Love this alot... another inspiring look that is making me want to ditch my current fun mani and do a new one. I am resisting like crazy!

iceomaticsnails (Liz) said...

The color choices are absolutely perfect!  Bummer the tiger eye shimmer faded.  Tiger eye is one of my favorite gemstones.  

makeupgirl21 said...

Fantastic as usual.  I love the holo sequins. 

choco.muffin said...

I love, love LOVE this mani! Very pretty <3

Melanie said...

You are making wonderfull nails everytime and I love checking them out!