Sunday, September 12, 2010

Revlon Matte Suede Ruby Ribbon

Hi Kids!
Just a quick, drive-by post with the mani I've been sporting for 3, maybe 4 days- Revlon Matte Suede Ruby Ribbon.
Ruby Ribbon looks red in the bottle, but dries much richer and deeper and is very similar to the Signature color of vintage Etienne Aigner leather items.  The shimmer in this polish makes it more of a satin finish rather than a matte or suede, which I really love. I think Ruby Ribbon looks super sophisticated.
I've had a half dozen of art ideas for this mani, and I'm really bummed that I did not have any time this week to art this one up...hurry up October!
Anyway, mani is 3 kind of slow drying coats. As you can see, I definitely need more practice in applying matte, suede and satin finish polishes.

Not too shabby after 4 days...pics are clickable

































4 comments:

JQ said...

I love this polish. I'm just learning about application etc, but I definitely had trouble with these. Once they were dry though man did I love them. I was surprised at how much I liked Powder Puff when it went on. :) This looks fabulous on your nice long nails.

JQ said...

This polish looks fabulous on your nice long nails!  I was very surprised by how much I loved Poweder Puff once if was on as well. 

Can't wait to see the jazzed up version!

mrsrexy said...

I can't wait to see what fantastic stamping you are going to do over this-fall themed I hope!

makeupgirl21 said...

I have to get this polish.  That's a beautiful shade on you.  Love the finish.  I used to have several bags and shoes from Etienne Aigner.  Wish I still had one of those bags.  Loved the shade.  I believe it's called oxblood.  Gross if you think about it!