Friday, September 24, 2010

Concrete, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear

Hi Kids!
I'm 2 for 2...2 cremes in 2 weeks, a new record for me! I was going to say Idkw I have on another creme, but I think I figured it out. Like Nina Ultra Pro Salsa, the formula of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Concrete is a wanna-be-jelly. Not as dense as a true creme, both of these polishes are one step away from being semi jelly. For me, this type of formula flows on my nails like silk, and any application mistakes I make are easily corrected with spot touch-ups.

Concrete is one of the new Xtreme Wears from Sally Hansen. Not being a greige lover, I would have passed on this one had I not seen it swatched on someone's Blog. The slight, warm, mauvish tone to this color, makes it unique and very complimentary to my skin tone. Along with this one, I also picked up Purple Gala and Mystic Lilac. I started to layer Mystic Lilac over Concrete, but it wiped out the pretty, warm, mauve-y thing going on. I wasn't ready to explore the cool tone it added to my mani, so I quickly removed it.

I did come up with a "Mystic" (green shimmer) layering solution for Concrete without sacrificing the mauve tone...1 coat of Pure Ice Heart Breaker. As evidenced by my fakey top-to-bottom swatch, a mauve-y version of Mystic Lilac can be achieved...Mystic Concrete!!!

I love everything about this 2 coat mani! For now, I'm happy with Concrete in it's pure state, but who knows...I may "mystify" it tomorrow.

No sun- overcast...first 2 are not quite color accurate.
I think the blue morning glories had something to do with this.
As always, pictures are all clickable for giant view.
































This next one is color accurate!
















Concrete, Purple Gala, Mystic Lilac
















Top half, Mystic Lilac
Bottom half, Concrete with 1 coat Pure Ice Heart Breaker
















Everyone loves pretty!
















Deeper

11 comments:

nihrida said...

Love the polish and LOVE the flowers, so pretty!

JQ said...

ANd this tells me I have never seen a morning glory because now that I have it is my new favorite flower.  Thank you for that!

Those three bottles beside each other do something marvellous for my nail OCD. :)  

I think I ned to go greige too.  Cheers!

twister said...

Pretty color

www.aplaceformynails.blogspot.com said...

i also have these flowers, in polish they are called 'wilec' or 'powój'

that's a real beauty

Beauty Addict said...

This colour is so glossy!!

makeupgirl21 said...

Your morning glories are just beautiful.  Do you have a large garden? I'll have to put on Concrete myself.  It's a wonderful shade on you.

Mary Ann Mailhot said...

Beautiful nails !

Anonymous said...

Condivido pienamente il suo punto di vista. In questo nulla in vi e credo che questa sia una buona idea. Pienamente d'accordo con lei.
Condivido pienamente il suo punto di vista. In questo nulla in vi e credo che questa sia un'ottima idea. Sono d'accordo con te.

モバゲー said...

モバゲーが遂に出会いをプロデュースする事になりました。今まで禁止していた事も全て解放で皆様の出会いをお手伝いさせて頂きます。

グリー said...

今年のクリスマスも後少しですね。グリー内でもクリスマスに備えて異性と交流を持つコミュニティが活発で、自分も今年のクリスマスにお陰で間に合いました!!みなさんもイブを一人で過ごさなくても良いように、グリーで異性をGETしよう

出合い said...

日頃出合いがなくてお困りの方は当サイトをご利用するだけで素敵な出合いが体験できること間違いなし!最高の出合いで最高の恋愛をしてみませんか?