Monday, February 1, 2010

New Fauxnad-Konad storage!

Hi Kids!
I apologize for not coming through with a fauxnadicure on Sunday. Two weeks without a day off, seven of them, double shifts, were just too much for me. I have good news though- I have Monday *and* Tuesday off!!! Yay! I spent most of today doing things I've neglected for months. Tomorrow will be dedicated to playing with my new fauxnad plates and feeding my hungry Blog with a fauxnadicure.

Anyway, I got a lot accomplished today. In addition to boring housework stuff, I managed to clean my make-up brushes, re-arrange my make-up and....
I created/built a new storage thingamajig for my fauxnad-Konad  plates.
I've had my plates in clear plastic baseball card holder sheets...the ones that have 9 pockets and holes to put into a binder. It's a great idea- *if* plates are put back every time they get used. Mine were always out, not because I'm lazy, but because I like looking at them to plan future faunadicures.
So...I made something more my style, which means out on display in plain sight.
I made my plate storage thing from construction scrap- wood and molding I hadn't thrown away from my door project!!! 
(Since I've about used up all my vertical space, my nail station is spreading horizontally.)
Pictures are click-able for giant view!

































Sally Hansen, Thinking of Blue is beat-up after all the sawing, drilling and hammering I did! My hands and cuticles are also in a sad state...handling wood is like handling money- extremely drying to the hands.
(My mineral eyeshadows are pictured in the background. I love how much space I have on my make-up table now! Before arranging them in this bamboo cutlery tray, they were taking up 1/3 of my table because I had them lined up singly in rows.)

33 comments:

iceomaticsnails (Liz) said...

So cool!  I love everything about this room! 

Skye said...

Such a great set up i lovee it
and u have so many amazing colours

painted Lady fingers said...

It's a paradisal wonderland. Your arrangements are both aesthetic and practical. It's the perfect refuge. <3

mae espiritu said...

wow, nice plate storage, very organized,
pls vote for me, http://www.parokeets.com/en/2010/02/lets-celebrate-together-photographs-2/
thanks you..

gildedangel said...

Ooo, I love the storage!!!

Thess said...

How nice of you to share a piece of your home!
Looks like you can spend hours and hours over there... :-D
Love the color on your nails!

thriszha said...

wow.. thats so cool..im so envu with ur nail station...btw.. the fauxnad T series is bought here :
http://www.nailart-und-mehr.de/

if u have any more question u can email me at: hanniz017@yahoo.com

Susie said...

Wow! That is awesome. 

Thanks for showing us. I want to grow up to be just like you. :)
Susie

EvilAngel said...

That looks awesome! I love having things arranged but still in plain view. I haz to see my pretties!

L said...

Wow! Very awesome.
Question- How long did it take you to get your plates from Chez Delaney?

MinderMutsig (Kirsten) said...

Awesome mani station!
And I love the colours you used in your home!

ainos2 said...

Thank you Kirsten! Most people are surprised when they see how well all the colors work together. In addition to the bright colors, my "trash to treasure" furniture has been glitter-ized and sequin-ized.
It's like India on Meth! hahaha...

ainos2 said...

Thanks L!
My chez-delaney plates took 9 days.
<span>I should mention that I'm having trouble with my new plates...specifically the "A" series plates.</span> Some of my favorite images are not responding to Special polish...too thick. I'll be messing with these new plates all day testing different polishes.



<span>The H and P series plates are great- No issues!</span>

ainos2 said...

Thanks Andrea!
I like combining different plates in my stamping, and having them exposed like this makes it easier to scan and choose!

Half of my "nail polish experience" is being able to visually enjoy all the pretty colors.

ainos2 said...

Thank you Suzie! Your comment just tickles me...
When it comes to the world of color, I'm very much a child- even though I'm 48.

ainos2 said...

Thank you Thriszha.
Ah yes... those are the plates I've been lemming for months. Ijust  never noticed the cool kitty.

ainos2 said...

Aw, thank you Thess!
Much to my husbands chagrin, I *do* spend hours and hours at my mani station. ;)

Arrianne said...

Oh dear lord, that look so beautiful, I wanna go play in it! I wish mine looked cool like that. =(

Jessica said...

Whoa That is amazing!

I love your station and set up. Thats a great idea to set up the plates that way.

ainos2 said...

Thank you dear!
I love being able to scan all the images in one go.

ainos2 said...

Thank you!
It's much easier for me to pick coordinating images now.

I voted for you!

nihrida said...

<span>You never cease to amaze me! No wonder you're my idol.=) Love your cabinet and courtains... and your living dead doll.
</span>

ainos2 said...

Thank you Diana!
I have a lot "going on" in my sewing studio! In addition to all my sewing stuff, my make-up and mani station are in the 16x26 room, and my husband's RC Helicopter workshop.
Having all the things I "love to do" located in that room, it really is my sanctuary.

ainos2 said...

Thank you Skye!
I'm starting to outgrow that corner...looks like I have to start thinking about moving everything across the room.

ainos2 said...

Thank you Liz!
Just about everything in the room were found items that I revamped-  Trash to Treasure. I love India decor!

ainos2 said...

 Thanks Sweetie! I have a sari that's supposed to be swagged over that ugly white curtain rod.
That cabinet isn't half as nice as what I did to my daughter Amber's furniture. I love India decor so much, I turned her bedroom into a Harem's Den.
If I didn't have my little projects (manis count) to keep my mind occupied, I'd fall into a deep depression. :(

ainos2 said...

Thanks Jessica!
I'm happy with it. In addition to it being easier to view my plates for an idea, it will keep my area much cleaner too! No more plates stacked all over the place.

ainos2 said...

Thanks Arrianne!

Heather said...

Oh. My. Word. Can I come over to play?

nihrida said...

India, huh! =) It does look like an indian store. And curry! =) *imagines princess Jasmine living in a room like Amber's*

makeupgirl21 said...

That is a beautiful area.  I love what you made for your plates.  Good idea! I think you'd have a great future building areas for polish and makeup.  I sure wish I had one like it.  It's so practical and lovely.  I love India themed collections.  So pretty and useful.

Natalie Grantham said...

The only thing that jumped into my head when I saw that was "now THAT is my dream nail art area!!!)

My boyfriend was peeking over my shoulder and all he said was "I hope they dont have an earthquake, I think you'd cry in sympathy"

Anonymous said...

Is Bigfoot Real or fake? For more than four hundred many years, there have been reporting’s of a guy like monster that is certainly totally covered in hair.
[url=http://www.is-bigfoot-real.com/]is bigfoot real[/url]