Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Layered, multi color fauxnad over Rad Purple

Hey Kids!
~Edited~ I had such a difficult time photographing this mani!  I had to sacrifice unflattering angles of my nails for crisper shots of the art :(  So many pictures to go through, and not a single one captured what this fauxnad/Konad art looks like on this jelly!
Irl, the intensity of Rad Purple and the strength of the jelly glow subdued the stamped images. Using a dual polish application on the butterflies and flowers complimented and mimicked the jelly glow.
On any given day at work, I have dozens of people wanting to get a better look at my nails. Tonight, there were exactly three people that noticed I had art on them. The rest just noticed the color.
 At any rate, even I- queen of glammed-up flamboyant, would have stopped at less, full-colored art on every nail if Rad Purple could not carry it all!
























































































































~Edit~
4 coats Milani, Rad Purple
Layer of Pure Ice, Heart Breaker that I jazzed up with a few drops of NYC, Love Letters
Fauxnad H20, middle image, partially stamped on (your) right sidewall
H20 stamped with Color Club, Emerald Depths
Butterfly images from fauxnad plates H16, P7, and an unmarked (Chez Delaney) plate (has foot & paw print)
Butterfly images from Konad M20, M40 & M66
All butterflies stamped with Sally Hansen Chromes- Carnelian & Ruby Chrome
Fauxnad flowers from plate P21
Stamped with Sally Hansen, Royal Purple Chrome & what used to be China Glaze 2030...I added a lot of Pure Ice Crimson to knock down some of the reflective properties and to warm it up more.

I had such a difficult time photographing this mani!  I had to sacrifice unflattering angles of my nails for crisper shots of the art :(  So many pictures to go through, and not a single one captured what this fauxnad/Konad art looks like on this jelly!
Irl, the intensity of Rad Purple and the strength of the jelly glow subdued the stamped images. Using a dual polish application on the butterflies and flowers complimented and mimicked the jelly glow.
On any given day at work, I have dozens of people wanting to get a better look at my nails. Tonight, there were exactly three people that noticed I had art on them. The rest just noticed the color.














22 comments:

Megan T said...

This reminds me of Spring!  (Which I wish would hurry up and get here already!)

Thess said...

Oh that is lovely...
With the butterflies and everything, just lovely. :)

nihrida said...

It is gorgeous!

EvilAngel said...

This is gorgeous! A little butterfly jungle!

Nicole said...

Oooh, I love the additions over that Rad Purple! Perfect job.

painted Lady fingers said...

What a beautiful habitat for flora and fauna!  :*

Mary Ann Mailhot said...

that is so pretty

ainos2 said...

I adore your way with words!!!!!!!
Thank you Diana!

ainos2 said...

<span>What's on your mind...</span>

ainos2 said...

Thank you Megan T!
Spring can't come soon enough for me either!
Hmmmm...perhaps all my manis should be anti-winter themed until spring gets here. :)

ainos2 said...

Thank you Thess!
It looks so much better irl.

ainos2 said...

Thanks sweetie!
I think I may be jumping on the lightbox bandwagon after these pictures. If for anything else, to get rid of that distorting reflection.

ainos2 said...

Thanks Andrea!
I absolutely love your description! :-D

ainos2 said...

Thank you Nicole!
Rad Purple is delicious! All purple lovers need it in their collection.

ainos2 said...

Thank you Mary Ann!
This mani is exactly what I needed in light of all the snow my area has received this winter.

gildedangel said...

That is stunning, so beautiful!

ainos2 said...

Thank you Miss!

Romika said...

Ainos Beautiful once again :)  I like it!!

I also tag you for a cute blog award, as you are doing an amazing and very nice thing on your blog.
http://romikanails.blogspot.com/2010/02/cute-blog.html

ange-marie said...

This is so pretty.  I love the color combination

NikiC said...

this is gorgeous!!! i love it.

Trincess said...

I can't believe I missed this one!
It's breathtaking! And I just love Rad Purple ;)

makeupgirl21 said...

Love that shade, it's such a beautiful shade. Your art work is gorgeous.  I always love your manicures.