Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Carl Sagan inspired fauxnadicure!

Hi Kids! If someone was giving out "grades" today, I'd certainly get an "F" for not using my time wisely. :(
(I'm going to have to rush through this post...it's back to work for me this afternoon.)

Anyway...From the top- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure- To say that I'm in Love with the brushes in this new collection is an understatement. The short stem and wide flat brush are so perfect for me, I had virtually no clean-up after applying it as my base coat! For this mani, I chose Midnight in NY, but was so disappointed in the lack of sparkle, I doctored it up with 2 kinds of multi-colored, micro glitters, and made it absolutely gorgeous. Once I had my new and improved Midnight in NY on my nails, I knew that I would be stamping a space themed mani. Using the book Cosmos by Carl Sagan as inspiration, I came up with this multi layered  fauxnadicure; Click to make these humongous!
































A piece of my son's hair somehow made it into my picture...posting this one to show detail and the duochrome properties of Spa Ritual, It's Raining Men-
















Better angle to prove that my nails are not wide Chicklets, and to show some love to my Cockatiels, Pierre, Razor and Pearl...
































Franken with 1 coat Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat. (Testing this after reading good things about it in MeganChair's Blog,  Little Music Boxes) This would definitely need another coat or 2 if I wasn't planning a fauxnadicure.

















Side by side comparison of Midnight in Ny(left) and my Franken(right)...













Fauxnad plates used;
**B22, A8, A12, H1 & P55. I initially had trouble picking up images from my new A series plates, until I used less pressure when scraping.
**I used Spa Ritual, It's Raining Men (Sheer lite blue with a golden pink flash/duochrome), Spa Ritual, She's a River (sheer, murky, lite blue-grey with a blue flash) and China Glaze, Millennium.
I used the Spa Rituals purely for the flash and duochrome properties.
**1 coat Seche

omg...I *think* that's all...I'm in such a rush!!!

24 comments:

April and Ashley said...

I love you forever for making a manicure inspred by Carl Sagan. I wish everyone would read his book The Demon Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark.

As usual your execution is flawless!

gildedangel said...

That is gorgeous!!!

Nicole said...

This is SO cool! That was a lot of intricate work, it seemed. I'm totally impressed!

Arrianne said...

Awesome!

EvilAngel said...

This is now my new screen saver! *dies* I am in awe...I just keep staring at your nails!
your feather babies are beautiful! I used to be the local bird rescue. I had at one time, in my kitchen, 6 Cocketiels a Quaker parrot, a Green cheeked Conure and I loved it! I miss having my little tweeters around!

l0verlada said...

Holy crap this is awesome! I tried to do a "space" design last week (still need to post that lol) but this kicks its butt hard!

Thess said...

1 Word...

Beautiful...

ainos2 said...

Thank you Thess!

ainos2 said...

Hey there Miss! Thank you very much.
*Love* your pink hair...I miss my flick of pink so much.

ainos2 said...

Wow...thank you Andrea!
Birds are such messy creatures- BUT- I could not imagine going through winters without them! Two days ago, "Baby" died :'( . He was the offspring of Pierre, my Lutino cock.
Going to Google Quaker Parrot as I've never heard of that before.

I haven't forgotten your package. I have tons of work related stuff I need to mail out tomorrow- so I can get to yours as well.

ainos2 said...

Thanks Arianne!

ainos2 said...

Thank you so much Nicole!
I prefer layering and using images from several plates to create a "story/theme".

ainos2 said...

Thank you Miss!

ainos2 said...

Thank you A!
That book looks interesting- I need a good read- Thank you!

Pia said...

Awesome. Just awesome *____*

Thess said...

How rude of me!

*waves at Pierre, Razor and Pearl!
How are you doing guys...? (Or girls.. :-P   )

ainos2 said...

~~Boy birdies giving Thess the wolf whistle~~

ainos2 said...

Thank you Pia!

EvilAngel said...

I had a grey pearl cock named Baby, she used to sleep with me. lol
Quakers are very loud and talkative, ours was an asshole but so funny!

lilynail said...

<span>nice manicure :) </span>

ainos2 said...

Thank you Lily!

Michèle said...

You always manage to come up with the most original designs! I don't know how you do it, but I do know I love it! :)

nihrida said...

I'm not going to lie: I had to google Carl Sagan. *blushes* You did great - your nails look like star map we used in college few years back.

makeupgirl21 said...

I adore this manicure! Love the celestial theme.