Friday, September 18, 2009

Mani fail


There *is* such a thing as too much glitter.
SinfulColors Pearl Harbor(glitter) over CG, For Audrey and CC Ultra Violet.
Konad plates- M8, M26 & M20, stamped with Salley Hansen Insta-dry in Whirlwind White.

The SinfulColors glitter is just too chunky for the delicate Konad patterns I used..the better choice would have been Pure Ice in Oh Baby!
I also should have left "well enough alone" and not added the lime green accents to the flowers.

One doesn't have to look too close to see smudges around my cuticles. When I first finished my initial color block of For Audrey and Ultra Violet, I thought that my nails looked like half peacock eyes. I went ahead and started to freehand some semi circles and "eyes". I thought it looked really great until I looked at my other hand...I am not ambidextrous.
Thankfully, I had 2 coats of Seche over the color block and was able to remove the extra colors without ruining my base coat. It did, however, stain my cuticles something awful.

I think a Peacock Eye mani would be super original & look really cool. I just have to spend some time thinking things through with how to mask off.

5 comments:

Paige said...

Do you think that Pearl Harbor is chunky? I think that it is much finer than some of SC's other glitters, but I guess it could be considered chunky....

ainos2 said...

I am so terrible at words and descriptions...and I'm always in such a rush.
What I meant to bring out was that Pearl Harbor was too chunky for *this* mani. I was going for a more delicate look, and a polish with micro glitter like Pure Ice in Oh Baby! would have looked so much nicer!

nihrida said...

You know what? I think it's cute. It'd look great for spring manicure.

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

You think this is a 'fail' ? This is beautiful!

I wish i could do stuff like this - from now on I am sticking to straight lines only!

Lucy said...

Very pretty manicure. I can understand that you just maybe wanted a shimmer effect rather than glitter. There's never enough glitter for me.