Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fauxnadicure base-(new) Rimmel, Steel Grey...layered!

Ok Kids, here it is, the base color for my next Fauxnadicure.
NYC French Manicure, Love Letters over Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro, Steel Grey.





















This is 2 coats Rimmel LFP in Steel Grey, 1 coat NYC French Manicure in Love Letters.
Pretty, isn't it? I picked up Love Letters as an afterthought, thinking it would look good layered over some of the pink cremes I have. I swatched one of my "Carl Sagan" nails with it and was shocked to see that it's actually a pink and turquoise micro-shimmer duochrome! 
I'm hoping the sun makes an appearance tomorrow so I can capture it better than my desk lamp does.

Interesting to note that while this is pre-clean-up, there is only a spot or two of  Rimmel to remove, and a whole lotta' NYC slops.
It's the new brush! The new Rimmels have the same "magic brush" as the new Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure...short stem, flat wide brush is perfect for my application.

Anyway, I have a Fauxnad idea for this, that I hope turns out spectacular. I'm going to take some plates and polish to work with me and try it on my break.

6 comments:

gildedangel said...

That looks beautiful, I can't wait to see what design you Konad on it!

Michèle said...

These colors look great! The shimmer is wonderful. Looking forward to your Konidicure :)

Phyrra said...

Wow, I actually want to pick up those two colors to try together. Looks awesome :)

l0verlada said...

Love the Love Letters of this!

painted Lady fingers said...

Gorgeous layering. Steel Grey looks pretty with a little frosting. <3

makeupgirl21 said...

That's a lovely combination of colors.  I haven't tried any Rimmels yet.  I do own some but just haven't tried them out yet.  I like the color on you.