Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Marbling fail

Hi Kids!
While I'm not thrilled to be posting a failed mani, I miss posting and interacting with my Readers and fellow Bloggers! The last 5 days have been miserable. I've had 4 nail art fails and 1 straight-up mani fail. :(
With nothing on the agenda today (my day off), I decided that a fill would help me wipe the slate clean of those failed manis.

That done, I revisited Thursdays plan- Sinful Colors, Green Ocean over my navy, jelly franken. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough of the franken for a complete mani, and had to use a different, but similar, base color-
Quirius, Paris Night.
I ended up decanting Paris Night into one of the new Sally Hansen bottles after doing just 2 nails. The Quirius brush totally sucks. I also ditched Green Ocean and the fauxnad plates I had picked out for this mani, and decided to give marbling another try. My inspiration was Malachite!
Surprise, surprise- it turned out great. Confident at last with marbling, I filled more cups with water, for a "double" marble. I wanted to add some lighter greens.
Mistake!

Ugliest marbling ever! Ironically, this mani looks much worse than what my pictures show...lol!
































I should have stopped after the first round iof marbling. Sample nail...
















13 comments:

Thess said...

In the picture it does not look that bad...
Your nails are smoking, woman! :-D

nihrida said...

WOW! They look great after the first marble. =) Second one was a bit too much. But it still looks great!

painted Lady fingers said...

The first attempt on the sample nail makes me think of moss agate. The full hand manicure looks like the colors are whirling. Even if the result wasn't intended, I still appreciate it. I really want to give water marbling a try.  :*

makeupgirl21 said...

Love the marbling! Very pretty and I think both looks are really pretty.

Colette said...

I think the blue made a great base for green marbling.  I've been trying to decide on some colors for a St Patrick's themed marble myself & haven't gotten around to it yet.  I like how yours is dark but still noticably green =)

The "Fail" isn't that bad either ... plus it's how we learn, right? (especially with marbling LOL)

ange-marie said...

The first marbling is gorgeous!!! I always have problems when I try to marble with something pastel or light.  The pastel marbling gods hate me :(

~Elizabeth aka Lacquered Lizard said...

I see what you were trying to do...might have worked if the marbling was going in the same direction? I do like how the thumb turned out in the last picture though! The green ocean over the top is pretty!

gildedangel said...

I don't think that this is a fail, I love how random it looks!

Skulda said...

Maybe the light green should have been the first layer?

Evil Angel said...

I can see the first marbling and it is beautiful!
I suppose this is how we learn and improve. I have nail art failures often and I'm slowly getting better.

Nicole said...

I like the first one! I'm sure it's far better than I could have done, let me tell you. You don't ever want to see my nail art, it will make you cringe.
Off topic, but I think I'm addicted to that song you have playing.

ThRiSzHa said...

they're look great! an absract masterpiece..

Arrianne said...

I don't even know how many times I've failed at marbling. You get better with practice of course!