Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hi Kids!
Wow- I don't log-in to Blogger for a day, and look at all the pretties I've missed! All I have is "how I spent my day off (changed to Tuesday this week)" and a haul.

It all started late Monday night when I followed a link to You Tube, and got caught-up with related links.
Would you believe that for all the time I spend on the internet, I never thought to check out "acrylic nail application" tutorials? Duhhhhh!


Anyway, on one of the channels I watched, the nail tech used a large, flat, squared tip brush. I got to thinking about how a brush like that may help me with my application issues. I have 2 brushes- one round, one flat-ish. They both come to a point, and to me, they seem narrow. My nail beds are very w i d e, and because I have to make 3 to 4 passes with my brush (in addition to not being an expert) my application is very uneven. To compensate for the un-eveness, I add more acrylic. In the end, I spend hours sanding, sand in between manis, and just when I get them to look acceptable, they're due for another fill...and the process starts all over again.


Soooo, yesterday, with a list of BS stores in hand, I drive 35 minutes to S. 11th St, Philadelphia. I've never been to that section of Philly and was surprised to find that the area was Vietnamese. With names like PA Nail Supply Inc and US Maxim Wholesale Supply, Inc- who would have thought? I got great cs at the first place, so I purchased lots of stuff there, including a #16 brush that they crimped for me. The second place was not so friendly. I bought their own brand of polish (surprisingly- well pigmented) and some way freaking cool ceramic, nail art teardrops.
After that, I headed back to NJ to check out another bs store, (they carry Barielle) only to miss my turn. I did not have the chance to turn around due to it being rush hour, so I made the best of it and stopped at a Sally's, Dollar Tree and Rue 21 in the area.


As I write, I'm working on removing the acrylic from my last nail. I won't have time to apply my full set before work today, however, I am going to try at least one nail.










Flash










No flash

8 comments:

EvilAngel said...

Great haul and those tear drops are gorgeous!

Heather said...

I'm excited to see what you do with all of this!

Jen said...

What a lot of stuff!
I really must find out what acrylic nails are. I must be the only person in the nail blogosphere to be ignorant thereof.

pwrlftrchick said...

girl!  We are so alike!  I am the same exact way with my acrylic!  I'm reading ur post thinking "ME TOO!!!"

i gotta go get me a bigger brush!
thanks!

oh and those tear drops TOTALLY look liek butterfly wing peices!

Skulda said...

*sigh* that is a great haul.  I'm so jealous.

nihrida said...

Oh my... What a haul! *faints*

makeupgirl21 said...

Love those teardrop shapes.  They look really pretty.  Can't wait to see what you'll do with them.  Nice shades of polish.  Your going to be busy swatching.

Rhea said...

WOW! That's an amazing haul!