Friday, March 12, 2010

Milani Neon, Pink Rocks!

Hi Kids!
I'm still working on my Lightbox...I can't rest until I have it "working". I need more bulbs and a way to anchor the fixtures.
In the meantime, I've been playing around with  a Fresnel screen my son pirated from a projection TV he found in someone's trash. I think I can somehow use it with my lightbox...I wish I was more knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff. Although not color accurate, not in focus and not arranged properly, and lighted wrong, check out what the Fresnel does to my sequined backdrop in the last photo. With some fiddling around, I think I can get my background to look like The Northern Lights. Pretty cool, huh?

Anyway, here it is, Milani Neon, Pink Rocks! Not neon in the least, this polish is a jelly, and in real life it's the color of a glass of Hawaiian Punch. It certainly is not as red as my pictures bring out, however, I wouldn't call it pink either. I've photographed it with a bottle of Freshcover, Pinky Lacquer (multi, iridescent glitter in a clear punch colored base).
I'll be wearing this to work tonight, sans art. Hopefully, I'll get an idea on what to stamp on this color after I "live" with it for a while.
This is pre-clean-up, no top coat, no lotion on my dry hands.


























10 comments:

ange-marie said...

GAHHHHHHHHHH! Damn milani for not releasing ANYTHING in my town.  The hunt for the neons begins...

Thess said...

WOW! That is bright! =-O
Is it a satin finish?
Looking forward what you are going to do with it!

ange-marie said...

ooooooh! and I have a couple BB Coutures for you :) email me when ya get a chance

ainos2 said...

Let me know which ones you want and I'll send them along w/Dickweed!!!

ainos2 said...

Pink Rocks! is bright, but not obnoxiously bright. And yes, it has a satin finish that I like enough not to top-coat it right away!

Romika said...

Wauw...this is a gorgeous color. You did a nice job again Lisa! And I have to see I'm so curious about whaat you are going to do next with them!!!!
By the way I tagged you for: 10 "Things That Make Me Happy Tag" http://romikanails.blogspot.com/2010/03/10-things-that-make-me-happy-tag.html

yardsticks4lunatics said...

I love your nails!!!  The background thing - I think it looks awesome.  I am a professional photog (maybe I said that before???) so these type of thing really make my day!  

I'd love to swap sometime!!!  I live in WV and the only store close here is Rite-Aid, and they don't carry much of anything.  The closest Walgreens or CVS is 30 minutes away...so, Milani's and Sinful Colors are pretty much only available to me online... :)



:B
~TIffani

gildedangel said...

That is a beautiful color!!!

ange-marie said...

I *finally* found them.  I walked in as my CVS was loading a display.  I told the guy to move over a bit hahaha and proceeded to get all but two.  He hadn't got to that box yet and didn't know which box it was in.  But thank you! I can't wait to see what you come up with one of these polishes I have for you

makeupgirl21 said...

Pretty shade of Hawaiian punch! Looks really good on you.