Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Milani Rad Purple

Hi Kids! It feels like *forever* since I last posted! With Valentine's Day falling on a Sunday, my weekend at the restaurant was crazy busy.
Anyway!  I'm seeing some awesome eyecandy on the Blogs I follow!!! I wish I had time today to comment on all of them- I've been called in to work early, and have just enough time to leave a post of my own.

The mani I had planned for today was not going to be Milani Rad Purple, but Quirius Cruiser, a baby blue. Last night, it started snowing *again*, and the thought of polishing my nails with a color so close to that of snow did not feel like a good idea. So I chose Milani Rad Purple, and I'm really glad I did. It's a jelly. I've always admired jellies on other people, but felt that they never looked quite right on my own nails, until I shortened and squared them. With my new length and shape, colors that did not look good before now look great.
















I love the jelly "glow around the cuticle area!





















As you can see, my cuticles are still trying to recover from nail file trauma.
















I love how this jelly changes in different types of lighting...just look at the juice-y glow in the picture above!
















































Mani done with 4 coats Milani Rad Purple. Application with a standard type brush is always tricky for me. I did not get the first coat on evenly at the sidewalls. Because this is a build-able jelly, even after 4 coats, I could not get the sides to "catch up". It's all good though...a little less at the sides just brings out the jelly "glow" all the more.
If you click on the pictures you can see lots of bubbles. Blame it on the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat I've been trying out.
Anyway! This mani is screaming for some fauxnad. Hopefully, I'll get to that tonight.

12 comments:

gildedangel said...

That is a beautiful color!

ange-marie said...

This polish just went on my lemming list.  Purple? jelly? yum!!!! It looks fabulous on you!!!!!!!

nihrida said...

It looks nothing like the bottle, but I love it anyway. It's great on you!

Michèle said...

Whoa, shiny, glowy, lovely color, what else could you wish for! Very pretty  :)

Nicole said...

Oh, GORGEOUS! I saw this today and skipped it. I guess I'll be going back to get it! I love this on your nails.

Janet said...

Oh, LOVE this!

Thess said...

Lovely color, cant wait to see what you are going to stamp on them. :)

iceomaticsnails (Liz) said...

I love this color!!  Very pretty and unique.

EvilAngel said...

Oh wow! That is gorgeous! I have to get this one!

thriszha said...

i love this color...

Stephanie said...

I just got this one today.  I can't wait to try it out!

Urša said...

It's a lovely color!

My polishes bubbled like crazy with the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat!! I've had no problems with bubbling since I've been using Seche Vite.