Friday, January 15, 2010

Rimmel Pop Apricot made better

I picked up Rimmel Pop Apricot for the gold glitter dust and for the pretty pink shrimp color. Once I got it on the nail, the glitter was just too sparse for my liking, so I added 1/2 tsp of TKB Gold Reflecks, and wow! Much improved!
This color is less orange and softer than pictures show...


















































I really love this color with my skin-tone. As my hands age, (note- I said hands here-the rest of me is having none of that aging business), they've taken on a yellowish haze, taking my once cool toned skin into the neutral zone. I'm finding that I am more attracted to cool based colors that have a warm flash, warm shimmer, warm reflect...etc. Not cool-not warm, but a neutral made by the marriage of opposing color temperatures. Am I making any sense?
I checked out the reviews of this color on MUA, and most said this was a 3 coater. I did 2, and got full coverage, probably due to the Gold Reflecks making the formula thicker.
I'm going to enjoy this color sans art today, and perhaps do some Konad/fauxnad tonight.

4 comments:

EvilAngel said...

I love the gold shimmer and the color is beautiful on you!

nihrida said...

I don't like this color. It's too coral-y... Maybe I don't like it, because this is an old lady's color where I live.
I do like the gold sparkle though and your hands look lovely!

Michèle said...

Loving the sparkle!

Anonymous said...

This paragraph provides clear idea for the new
users of blogging, that actually how to do running a blog.


Here is my blog :: bancuri beton